Action Alert: Encourage Equality at the Prom
The ACLU demanded that Itawamba County School District officials reverse their decision to forbid a lesbian student from attending prom with her girlfriend and from wearing a tuxedo to the prom. Now, it’s your turn!
If you want to express your support for this young woman, there are several ways to do it. The Itawamba County School District can be reached by telephone, e-mail and regular mail.
605 S. Cummings St.
Fulton, MS 38843
School Board Members:
- First District – Eddie Hood (email@example.com)
- Second District – Jackie Nichols (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Third District – Harold Martin (email@example.com)
- Fourth District – Clara Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fifth District – Tony Wallace (email@example.com)
The addresses above are the last known addresses and are listed on the Itawamba County School site. There are reports that some of the board member addresses are bouncing.
You might note that the published “Notice of Non-discrimination Policy” on the school district’s website is:
The Itawamba County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability in the provision of educational programs and services or employment opportunities and benefits.
The following address and number have been designated to handle inquiries and complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies of the Itawamba County School District.
- Itawamba County Superintendent’s Office, 605 S. Cummings St. Fulton, MS 38843 | (662)862-2159